Looking for The Lactivist? She's retired. But you CAN still find Jen blogging. These days, she's runs A Flexible Life. Join her for life, recipes, projects and the occasional rant.
Tuesday, May 08, 2007Not much time for blogging the next few days. I'm guest lecturing at Ohio State today and doing an all day seminar downtown on Wednesday. Since I also have to find time to go pick-up my mother-in-law (lives an hour away) so that she can watch the kids, AND do work for my real job, posting may be sparse.
So, here's a quick round-up of a variety of breastfeeding related news that I want to cover, but just don't have time for...
- iParty hosts "Nurse-Out" for breastfeeding moms
- Oregon Senate Passes pumping at Work Bill
- Maggie Gyllenhal nurses in public
- Breastfeeding a baby with Downs Syndrome
- Amanda Peet talks about pumping in public
- Montana and New Mexico are also working on pumping bills
- A reminder that medication doesn't have to mean an end to nursing
- Slideshow of the Breastfeeding Legislation support rally in PA
A Mr. Rogers episode aired this week that talked about babies drinking "mommy's milk" and even had a full nursing shot that showed a nipple and areola.
There will be a rally to raise awareness for breastfeeding today at 1 p.m. at the State Capitol in Harrisburg.
Remember, when things are slow here (because sometimes I do have to things other than be a lactavist, lol...there are tons of great sites in my blog roll to check out.)